Saturday 11 January 2014

Understanding of type of shot used

The genre of music I am promoting within my magazine is dance/house, therefore I researched currently existing magazines or magazine issues which had a similar theme. by doing this, I was able to recognise that they all used a very similar camera shot, even if the content was varied, the angle and type of shot was usually the same.



Magazine Examples by Slidely Slideshow

Through these examples I can deduce that I should use a medium to close up shot for my front cover, rather than a long shot showing the artists whole body. I should also encourage the subject in the image to pose in a strong and dominant way, because that is a trait often found in the front cover photos of these magazines. This is commonly a pose taken by female artists of this genre as it is male dominated form of music production, and consequently women who become successful in this area are stereotypically strong and independent. There were no obvious extreme angles on the front covers in almost 100% of the research I carried out, therefore I will use an eye level medium shot for my front cover. 


No comments:

Post a Comment